- All Automobili Intermeccanica speedsters
were made on a VW chassis. Serial #s 0-246 were the first series before retooling.
Serial #s 247-608 were the second series which can be identified by an Aluminum foil ID
plate on the drivers side door jam.
- IM went to the following Auto shows with the
Speedster: Miami, NY, Chicago, Seattle & Auto Expo in LA 1978-1979. The
Speedster was a very successful product which funded the Mustang convertible project.
Apal in Europe was a distributor for Intermeccanica and is now selling the
Speedster under their own name.
- The Speedster license and tooling was sold
to Classic Motor Carraiges of Florida in 1981-1982. They continued production from
- Intermeccanica International is still
building Speedsters but with a new chassis, bodies and tooling.
- Please contact us if you have any photos or
information about these vehicles